Tooth whitening – is not only an aesthetic but also an oral hygiene issue
Beautiful, healthy teeth and eyes are the most prominent parts of the face. Sparkling white teeth provide a young and neat appearance, making the face even more beautiful. Most of the people have white teeth when they are young. Stained teeth can occur as we age, but some common foods, drinks, and tobacco can stain teeth. Due to the modern tooth whitening techniques, further discoloration can be prevented. See your dentist for regular checkups and professional cleaning. The abrasion and polishing methods dentists use can remove many teeth stains caused by food and tobacco. Prior to the “in-office bleaching”, which is applied by a professional dentist and “at-home bleaching” which is used at home by the patient, a professional dental cleaning is performed by a dental hygienist at our clinic.
Professional in-office whitening
We use the most advanced tooth whitening technology at our clinic:
Discus Zoom! is a radically new chairside tooth whitening system that uses a full-mouth bleaching light combined with a revolutionary 25% Hydrogen Peroxide light activated gel to lighten teeth 6 to 8 shades in about an hour.
Steps of the Zoom! Procedure/>
- First, your mouth is prepared for the procedure with a mouth brace to comfortably keep your mouth open during the procedure, and a preparation is applied to cover your lips and gums which leaves only your teeth exposed. Next, the dental hygienist applies the special Zoom! whitening gel to your teeth. The Zoom gel and Zoom light work together. In three 15-minute segments, your teeth are exposed to a Zoom Lamp, which activates the hydrogen peroxide in the gel. As the hydrogen peroxide begins to break down, oxygen seeps into the tooth enamel and dentin, bleaching away any stains.
- Applying protecting gel completes the procedure (a cleaning is recommended prior to the actual Zoom! Whitening session). For the first 48 hours you should avoid consuming foods and drinks that can release dark color pigments. Products to avoid include: red wine, coffee, black tea, coke, juice, brown bread, fruits, artifical dyes, sauces, salad dressings, smoking. Products to consume: milk, plain yoghurt, cheese, water, rice, pasta, white bread, chicken, fish, pork, vegetables.
Home bleaching with custom fitted trays – whiter and brighter teeth every day
Steps of the in-home bleaching procedure
- With in-home bleaching, our dentist makes an impression for a model of the teeth, the dental technician fabricates a custom-fitted tray within 24 hours and a bleaching agent is prescribed that comes in the form of a bleaching gel.
- The gel is placed in the custom-fitted tray and worn up to two hours daily or at night for about two weeks. In most of the cases 5-8 nights are sufficient.
- The amount of time the custom-fitted tray is worn and the duration may vary according to a person’s individual need and the recommendations of the dentist.
- during the treatment it is recommended to avoid consuming foods and drinks that can release dark color pigments. Products to avoid include coffee, tea, cola, red wine, smoking, etc.
Bleaching with whitening gel is proven to be a safe and effective procedure because it does not cause change in the structure of the teeth.
I had a nice time in Budapest all things considered and I felt that I was treated by qualified and pleasant people. I also appreciated their effort to make me feel at ease.